Due to the past outbreaks of Avian Influenza(AI) or “Bird Flu” in the Southeastern United States, the following measures are being implemented at poultry sales and exhibitions everywhere in Mississippi.
- Only bird dealers that are part of the NPIP Program and have paper work to show proof are allowed to show or sell poultry at public events.
Mississippi Board of Animal Health
We hope this is only temporary and we will keep this information updated on a weekly or as needed basis. http://www.extension.msstate.edu/avian-flu. For alerts and status, please text "poultry" to 70000 and answer the three questions. (name, email, and county (First Monday is in Tippah County))
Rates and Rules:
- The Yard is intended for Poultry and other livestock, excluding dogs.
- Merchandise is allowed but does require a Privileged Permit from office.
- Animals must not be left unattended for long periods of time.
- No Animals shall be left on premises after the market
- All animals must have food and water as required by the Federal Animal Welfare Act.
- All vendors must have a of cage of sufficient size to enter the Livestock yard required by the Federal Animal Welfare Act.
- 2-Day Pass (Open) - $22.50 Privileged $25.00
- 2-Day Pass (Covered) - $37.50 Privileged $40.00
- 2-Day Pass (Fully Covered) - $52.50 Privileged $55.00
- 2-Day Pass (Building or Other) - $ ICB
*ICB is Individual Case Basis